When life gets too hard to bear, God tells us that we can turn to Him. There is no problem that you got through that God does not know about. He loves you so much that He has provided comforting bible verses for when you feel overwhelmed. The scriptures tell us countless times about how we can share our cares and our worries with Him. Because we trust Him as the All-Mighty, and All-Powerful God that He is, we know that eventually, everything will be OK.
Day in and day out we are consumed with responsibilities and distractions alike. Add the internet, social media, and peer pressure to all of that and life as you know it can become overwhelming. The constant thoughts and ideas that we fill our mind with on a daily basis influences how we feel about ourselves and the world around us. Many times, too many outside thoughts and opinions can leave us with feelings of anxiety, stress, and overwhelm.
On average, the mind processes over 50,000 thoughts a day. Stop and consider everything you think about in the span of one day…that’s a lot of thinking! Because our minds are constantly processing and receiving, Paul tells us to focus our minds on positive things. As we focus on good things, the negative thoughts that crowd our minds won’t seem as significant.
When you begin to feel overwhelmed, stop and assess all that is going on in your life, and identify the things that are causing you to become stressed out and overwhelmed. What mental baggage is it time to let go of? How can you change your thoughts to think more positively on a daily basis?
Throughout your day, recite the following bible verses to help you to combat negative thoughts. When you began to feel stressed out, anxious, or overwhelmed, speak God’s Word over the current situation. Remember to guard your mind and your heart against negative thoughts, and keep good and pure thoughts at the forefront of your mind.
Write Bible verses on note cards and pull them out and recite the scriptures as often as you need too. As you speak His Word, His presence and His peace will meet you right where you are. He has given these bible verses for when you feel overwhelmed – so use them to your advantage.
21 Comforting Bible Verses for When You Feel Overwhelmed
1. 1 Peter 5:7 – Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
2. Psalm 94:19 – When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
3. Jeremiah 17:7-8 – But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
4. Isaiah 26:3–4 – You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.
5. Matthew 11:28–30 – Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
6. Psalm 18:1–2 – I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
7. John 14:1 – Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
8. Psalm 28:7 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
9. Psalm 91:1–2 – He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
10. Matthew 6:34 – Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
11. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
12. Psalm 27:1 – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
13. Psalm 61:1–2 – Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
14. Psalm 9:10 – Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
15. Isaiah 40:31 – But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
16. Matthew 28:20 – And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
17. Psalm 121:1–2 – I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
18. Deuteronomy 31:8 – It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
19. Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.
20. Exodus 33:14 – And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
21. Micah 7:7–8 – But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me.