Life has its challenges. Whether because of personal choices or unexpected circumstances, we all face them. Fortunately for us, God has given us power and authority to be able to overcome anything life throws our way. When things get hard, just know that you can find comfort in God’s Word. He has spoken a Word for every situation you may face – there are even bible verses for when you are going through a hard time.
Click here to read 5 Ways to Help Your Friend Through a Hard Time
Although things may be hard now, be encouraged that hard times don’t last forever. During your most challenging moments, what matters is how you react and respond to what you are going through. Rely on God during these times and trust that He will bring you out with the victory.
When you are going through a hard time:
- Pray. Talk to God during this time, and listen for His instruction.
- Meditate on the Word of God. Fill your mind with the truth of God’s Word. Don’t focus on what is happening, but instead turn your thoughts towards what God said He is going to do.
- Surround yourself with people who love you. Find a support system of people you love and trust who can encourage and uplift you when you are going through a hard time.
- Ask for help if you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask for the help you need. God uses people to do His work – your miracle could be closer than you think.
- Find the lesson. This may be hard right now, but try to find the lesson in all of this. What can you learn from what you are currently going through? Remember, God works all things together for your good (Romans 8:28). Try to focus on the good.
10 Powerful Bible Verses for When You Are Going Through a Hard Time
1. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
2. When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you. Isaiah 43:2
3. Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:5
4. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
5. So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
6. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
7. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillippians 4:13
8. This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
9. What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Romans 8:31
10. For I hold you by your right hand—
I, the Lord your God.
And I say to you,
‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you. Isaiah 41:13