With all the uncertainties of the world, the future can seem like a scary place. God wants us to look to the future with hope, knowing that we can put our trust in Him, despite all the chaos going on in the world today. When you start to feel apprehensive about the future, remember what God has said about your future through these bible verses about hope.
So many people in the world today are concerned with self-preservation, causing them to fear the unknown of what is to come in the future. As children of the Most-High God, we do not fear what is to come. Instead, we put our hope in Him knowing that He will keep every promise He has made to us (Ezekiel 12:28).
Biblical hope not only desires something good for the future; it expects it to happen.
Who knows what tomorrow might bring? God does, so we trust Him. Christian hope is not just wishful thinking, because God is not a magic genie that we wish to. Hope is having true confidence that something will happen because God has promised it will.
When you put your hope in God, you don’t have to worry about what will happen in the future. As His child, God has promised to:
- Care for you (Isaiah 46:4)
- Never leave you or forget you (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- Protect you (Psalm 121:7)
Our Heavenly Father has made endless promises to us concerning all He will do for His people. While everything around you may seem life there is no hope, remember what God has promised you in His word. Having hope for the future means looking to Him instead of watching your current circumstances. Combat feelings of worry, fear, anxiety, and doubt with the Truth of God’s Word.
Having hope does not always come easy. In fact, having hope in God whom you cannot see is not easy at all – but it can be achieved with His help. As you build your relationship with God, your confidence in Him will grow. Through prayer, trusting God, and reading bible verses about hope, you can build your hope in Him. When you start to experience His love and presence in your life, you will begin to understand just how much He cares for you. When you know how much He cares for you, it will become easy to trust God with your future.
11 Inspiring Bible Verses about Hope for the Future
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 23:18
- For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4
- But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7
- But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, 1 Peter 3:15
- Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 24:14
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34
- For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13