Starting your day with God can make all the difference between having a good day and a great one. Life is unpredictable and you can’t control what happens in the world around you. Although You may not be able to control what happens throughout the day, you can put on the whole armor of God to prepare yourself for whatever comes your way. Meditating on inspiring bible verses to start your day can help you to begin your day with God’s peace.
As a mom of three little kids, my days start and end with me doing a thousand things at once. To help keep the peace around here, I like to jumpstart my day with scripture to encourage myself before the chaos of this world slaps me in the face first thing in the morning. Some days I like to wake up before the sun to journal, pray, and sing worship songs uninterrupted by small children. Other days, I wake up to a toddler foot on my face and two preteens arguing amongst themselves over who used the last of the syrup. Either way, I recognize my need for Jesus every morning.
What does your daily morning routine look like? Do you wake up in the morning and grab your bible to pray, or do you roll over to scroll instagram after hitting the snooze button for the third time? On the days that I prioritize my Quiet Time With Jesus before everything else, I seem to feel less irritable and stressed throughout the day.
No matter how your day starts, there’s no better feeling than to know that you are seen and loved by your Heavenly Father, God. When you know that He loves you, you begin to live like it too.
To ensure I’m reminded of God’s love for me, I encourage myself daily by reading and meditating on encouraging and inspirational bible verses to jumpstart my day. The more I recite The Word, the more confident I become.
At the start of each day I remind myself:
- God loves me. 1 John 4:16
- God cares about the things that concern me. 1 Peter 5:7
- God is with me. Isaiah 41:10
- I am made in His image and through Christ, I can do all things. Philippians 4:13
- There is nothing too hard for God. Matthew 19:26
As the day goes on, I continue to think about God’s Word. I write the Bible verses on post-it notes and place them all around the house. As I ponder and recite the scriptures throughout the day, the cares and worries of the world start to feel less like a burden I have to carry on my own.
When you wake up in the morning, use the following Bible Verses to start your day. Take every opportunity you can to remind yourself that God loves you and that nothing is too hard for Him.
Inspiring Bible Verses to Start Your Day
- May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
2. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34
3. The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. Deuteronomy 28:13
4. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
5. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Colossians 3:23
6. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
7. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5
8. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8
9. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
10. In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
11. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
12. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
13. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
14. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
15. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
16. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
17.I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalm 32:8
18. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—when I awake, I am still with you. Psalm 139:17-18