Spending time with God in the morning is a great way to jumpstart your day. By reading His word and listening for His voice in the morning, you are opening your heart to receive Heavenly wisdom for the day. You do not know what you will face today, but God does. By focusing your attention on Him, you are being strengthened to endure whatever you may face throughout the day ahead. Whether you choose to listen to worship music, pray, or read encouraging scriptures to start your day, your Heavenly Father has something to say to you each day. Will you listen?
Click here for tips on spending time in daily devotion with God.
One of the most wonderful things about God is that He wants a deep and personal relationship with each one of His children. God wants you to recognize His voice when He speaks to you, and He wants you to allow Him to lead you as He gives you wisdom and guidance. As you make God a priority in your life, your desire for Him will grow deeper, allowing for your relationship with Him to develop deeper and stronger over time.
Allow the truth of God’s love to encourage you before you begin your day.
If you don’t know where to start, listen to what God is saying to you by reading encouraging scriptures to start your day. As you pray and read the bible, His Word will come alive to you, causing your faith to grow and your spirit to be strengthened for the day ahead. During this time, if there is something God would like to share with you, He will most likely choose to share with you in those quiet and intimate moments when you are still and alone with Him.
21 Encouraging Scriptures to Start Your Day
1. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8
2. Teach them his decrees and instructions, and show them the way they are to live and how they are to behave. Exodus 18:20
3. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalm 32:8
4. Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11
5. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Psalm 46:5
6. Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14
7. The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed. Isaiah 50:4
8. Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5
9. Pray that the Lord your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do. Jeremiah 42:3
10. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
11. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
12. Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
13. In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
14. But I will sing of your strength in the morning I will sing of your love for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16
15. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7
16. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:4
17. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105:4
18. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5
19. Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
20. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
21. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105