I have written in a journal for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I write for fun, and other times I use my writing as an emotional or creative outlet. During my daily quiet time with Jesus, I use journal writing as a way to record my thoughts, prayers, ideas, and revelation I receive during my time with God. I pray the following journal prompts will help you to do the same.
Journaling looks different for many people. Some write to release feelings, while others journal to sort out their ideas. When it comes to Quiet Time writing, there are no right or wrong answers – just you and God.
If you are considering daily journaling, here is why you should start today.
4 Reasons to keep a Quiet Time Journal:
- Journaling helps us to self-examine our hearts and motives.
- While writing, we are able to focus on God and His Word.
- Journaling can be used to record our spiritual journey.
- Our written words can serve as a testimony and witness to future generations.
If done daily, Quiet Time journaling can be therapeutic and restorative for your soul. Are you interested in creating a Quiet Time journal? Let’s get started.
How To Use Journal Prompts:
- Grab an empty sheet of paper or notebook.
- Pray before you begin. Ask God to meet you right where you are.
- Pick a journal prompt.
- Write a heartfelt and honest answer to the journal prompt question.
As you write, remember that God is with you and sees you as you devote your time to Him. Use this time to pour out your heart to Him and pay attention as He begins to move in your life.